Markus Vinzent's Blog

Saturday 1 October 2011

Maggie Hamand, The Resurrection of the Body (London, 2008)

The Independent called this crime story 'terrifically impressive', The Times writes: 'Compelling', the Financial Times applauses the author - 'A talent to watch', and I have the pleasure to supervise her as one of my new PhD students. And I have to agree with the media - once I had started reading this book which not only has a theological title, but is a wonderfully theological book inside. Yes, it is a crime story, or rather it is a bizarre novel about obsessions, the power of visions, religions, philosophies - and how this web entangles the poor protagonist and with him the reader, so that you will not put down the book, even if the clock turns 1, 2, 3 in the night. You'll recover the next morning, and I am looking forward reading the drafts of the PhD in the making - I am sure it will not be less fascinating than this wonderful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment